Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Transitions

Shorter days, cooler temps, all part of the transition from summer to fall. This is my favorite time of the year here in Virginia,with the water temps dropping the fish start to feed up for there winter migration.

 I decided to give Lynnhaven a shot, since I had a few hours to burn. I started the day in search for the drum on the flats, and was quickly rewarded . After catching numerous pups up to 17in.  I make another cast to a dock near a channel, and get a solid hit, after a few short reel peeling runs, to my surprise up came a juvenile Black Drum. I'm always excited to see these juvenile fish ,because it shows that the fishery is thriving, soon after my surprise catch, I made my cool evening paddle back to the dock ,thinking about the upcoming Fall festivities  striper,tog,and specks Ohhhhhhh Myyyyyyy




No comments:

Post a Comment